Does Apple need a 14-inch Macbook Air?

Macbook-Air-14-0

China has been one of those developing countries that until a while ago nobody took into account, only those economists who knew that would expand as a world power in a few years. Today it is making a gap between many projects of companies by leaps and bounds due to its increasing economic power. For this same reason, rumors continue to be directed to a Macbook Air with a larger screen diagonal that would focus mainly on China, this country being, as we can read, the main driver of this idea.

It's already more than a year we commented as these rumors pointed to how Apple had in mind to introduce this model in the Asian market, but the question I ask myself is if you really need a 14-inch Macbook Air to take the largest share of users.

In 2011, the United States was the world leader in sales of computer equipment by a good margin, but now the sale of such equipment in China in 2012 has been higher than the United States with 69 and 66 million teams sold respectively, which gives us a clear idea of ​​the expansion that this giant about to wake up is undergoing.

Apple Store in Shanghai, China

So why specifically choose a 14-inch screen size? The answer to this question is easy, in China the sale of laptops with sizes of 14 inches has accounted for more than 70% of sales in this category and therefore if the largest buyer in the world prefers that size, at least it is to think about it. But on the other hand we also know that for the rest of the world it is less than 30% of users who would choose this size, hence the dilemma.

From my point of view, the 11 and 13,3-inch sizes are the best option and the most balanced with respect to global preferences, so it would not make sense to this. It would seem like a better option than they will relaunch the 17-inch model of the Macbook proSince there are still many users who are looking for a desktop replacement and at the same time "portable" with the largest possible screen and not a laptop where mobility as such prevails, but that is my humble opinion.

More information - Apple might be thinking about making a 14-inch MacBook Air

Source - macdailynews


The content of the article adheres to our principles of editorial ethics. To report an error click here!.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

*

*

  1. Responsible for the data: Miguel Ángel Gatón
  2. Purpose of the data: Control SPAM, comment management.
  3. Legitimation: Your consent
  4. Communication of the data: The data will not be communicated to third parties except by legal obligation.
  5. Data storage: Database hosted by Occentus Networks (EU)
  6. Rights: At any time you can limit, recover and delete your information.