Whether we see it as a marketing action or not, it is always good to look back to see the past and the evolution of products that have marked a before and after in the technological world.
An example of this is the application GarageBand for composing musicFor both beginners and more advanced musicians. Apple will celebrate the anniversary of the application tomorrow, Sunday, January 6. The application is available today on the Mac, but we can also enjoy it on iOS devices. Thousands of users use it daily, also in teaching, to get started in the world of music.
In the year 2004, Steve Jobs relied on musician John Mayer to develop the application GaragaBand. Apple itself has related the timeline of GarageBand, highlighting the arrival of iOS devices in 2011 as a turning point. This would be the timeline of the application.
- January 2004: GarageBand was featured at Macworld by Steve Jobs himself, along with musician John Mayer.
- April 2005: NIN releases "The Hand That Feeds" as a GarageBand project file, which fans can remix.
- December 2005: T-Pain creates his first album, "Rappa Ternt Sanga" in GarageBand for Mac.
- March 2007: Rihanna releases "Umbrella", composed with GarageBand's "Vintage Funk Kit 03" drum loop.
- March 2007: Fall Out Boy records "Thnks fr th Mmrs" in GarageBand for Mac.
- November 2007: Duran Duran releases GarageBand's version of "Nite-Runner" that fans can remix.
- February 2008: Usher Releases "Love in This Club" Composed With GarageBand's Synth Loop "Euro Hero Synth 02"
- February 2008: Ting Tings recorded "Great DJ" in GarageBand for Mac.
- April 2008: Radiohead releases "Nude" as a GarageBand project file, which fans can remix.
- 2008: the documentary "It Might Get Loud" shows U2's The Edge using GarageBand on his portable Mac.
- 2009: "Learn to Play and Artist Lessons" released announced in GarageBand for Mac.
- May 2009: St. Vincent creates the album "Actor" in GarageBand
- March 2011: GarageBand for iPad announced.
- November 2011: GarageBand for iPhone is out.
- October 2013: GarageBand 10 for Mac comes out with a new look.
- August 2014: Haim records "My Song 5" in GarageBand.
- June 2015: Marc Maron interviews President Obama on a podcast recorded in his garage using GarageBand for Mac.
- January 2016: Live Loops feature added to GarageBand for iOS is out.
- May 2016: GarageBand for China announced with traditional Chinese instruments.
- April 2017: Steve Lacey produces Kendrick Lamar's song "PRIDE" using GarageBand for iOS.
Garage Band is a free native Mac application, but also from iOS that you can download in the respective stores.