One of the best music applications for DJs for music production is "Ableton Live", which professional DJs like Armin Van Buuren, DJ Tiesto and even amateur DJs use to take their first steps in the musical world, since it has of a very intuitive interface
Ableton Live is an audio and MIDI sequencer, also known as DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) for Windows and Mac OS X operating systems.
Ableton Live is intended for both music composition and live music. Its user interface consists of a single window with different sections. The main section is divided into two types of views.
KEEP READING the rest after the jump.
The first serves to trigger audio or MIDI fragments called clips on each track, being used mainly for live sessions or improvised recordings.
The second view shows a sequence on a time ruler in the style of a traditional sequencer. Its main use is more recommended for composition and editing under studio conditions.
Ableton Live Features:
- Multitrack recording up to 32-bit / 192kHz.
- Non-destructive editing with unlimited undo.
- Sequencing of MIDI instruments by hardware and software.
- Time stretching of AIFF, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC and MP3 files for improvisation and remixing.
- Various built-in audio effects such as delays, filters, distortions, compressors, and equalizers.
- Includes sample-based software instruments.
- Grouping instruments, drums, and effects on one track to create more complex setups.
- Support for VST and AU instruments and effects with delay compensation.
- Support for REX files.
- Import and export of videos.
- Control of parameters in real time with a MIDI controller.
- ReWire support.
- Single window based user interface.
- Support for multiprocessor and multicore.
Ableton Live has a suggested retail price of € 299. You can get more information and buy if you want Ableton Live for Mac from HERE.