One of the problems that users of the Apple Watch LTE was to be able to listen to your favorite music on Spotify if you don't have your iPhone on you. If you did, it was directly via streaming, consuming the corresponding data from your telephone account.
Spotify has just announced that you will soon be able to download your favorite music content on the storage of the Apple Watch, as long as you have a Premium account, of course. Thus, you can listen to it whenever you want "offline", without the need to be connected to the network.
Spotify has gone one step further for the benefit of its customers with Apple Watch. From now on, if you have a Premium account of Spotify, you can now download your favorite music and save it directly on the Apple Watch, so you can play it from the watch whenever you want.
You can save songs, albums, playlists and podcasts in the storage of the Apple Watch, and thus be able to play it later «offline«.
Spotify has explained the steps to follow for this:
- Find the music and podcasts you want to download on your watch.
- Select the playlist, album or podcast and press the three dots (…) and choose “Download to Apple Watch”.
- To check your progress, go to the "Downloads" section of the watch.
- Once playlists, albums, or podcasts are downloaded to your library, you'll see a little green arrow next to their names.
- Plug in your headphones and enjoy your favorite music.
Even if you don't have an internet connection on the Apple Watch, you can also use Siri to play songs directly from the app, just like you can on the iPhone. Spotify points out that the offline playback from the Apple Watch will be with a quality of 96 kbps and that the functionality is being implemented to users progressively, during the next weeks.