For a few days we have already available for purchase and shipping, the new MacBook Air with the M2 chip. It comes to complete the M1 that is still on the market. Two options that are very interesting. If you have to decide on one or the other, you may opt for the M2 beforehand because it is the latest and has a very renewed design that improves many aspects of the previous model. With this comparison between the two models carried out by MacRumors analysts, it will surely clear up many doubts to be able to decide on your purchase.
Since the release of the MacBook Air with M2, there are many posts on the web about its features and operation, as well as plenty of videos showing us when to open it. But little has been focused on its comparison with the model with M1. It has to be said that from MacRumors They have created a video comparing the two models and it is quite complete and exhaustive. It is worth echoing and highlight the virtues of one model and another.
Taking into account that the design of the new model has been renewed on the outside, we find that they differ not only in their external appearance. We will see how on the outside and inside they differ in many things, small and large that They can make you decide on one model or another.
- The new MacBook Air is thinner and lighter than the previous generation version
- Is available in new colors which include Midnight and Starlight.
- The screen is 100 nits brighter.
- The M2 chip has the same 8 core CPU than the M1 chip, but it is a bit faster and more efficient,
- The MavBook Air with M2, has additional GPU core. That means the GPU performance has been improved.
- Both models have 8GB unified memory and a 256GB SSD.
- The above has two 128GB NAND flash chips, while the M2 has only one, which has resulted in slower performance in benchmarks.
- The new model adds a MagSafe to the ports. Something that gives a touch of versatility and speed when loading. Something that is important in everyday life.
- The speakers of the new model they sound better.
- trackpad and keyboard they are basically the same
As a summary we could say that the MacBook Air with M2 is worth over the model with M1.
Be the first to comment